Great news everybody, I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award! Well, when I say I’ve been nominated, I mean this blog has been nominated, but either way, both of us are chuffed!
Big thanks go to the ever-lovely Lynn over at From The Sticks To The Bricks And Back Again who nominated me and now it’s my turn to pay it forward!
According to the award rules I should first share 7 things about myself to help you get to know me a bit better, so here goes –
- Its no great secret that I am nuts about anything and everything Italian!! The history, the people, the culture, the country, the food, the language and even the fact that the Romans invaded Britain! There aren’t enough hours in the day or braincells in my head to satisfy my endless curiosity! Tell me more……!
- I am passionate about securing a sustainable future for our planet and promoting responsible tourism. This includes respecting the environment by not damaging or polluting it with our travel, paying living wages for people working in tourism, and respecting traditional customs and ways of living.
- In my travels I’ve bungy-jumped, swum with sharks and rowed the rapids of Australian rivers but my perfect day these days is a simple lunch with friends old and new, chatting long into the night! Good food and good company are the greatest pleasures!
- I love the changing of the seasons and, although I am definitely a warm weather person, I love getting all bundled up in a woolly hat, gloves and a massive scarf in winter! Snow makes me giggle and squeal like a child which is just as well as the snow arrived in the Italian Alps this week! Anyone for a snowball fight…..?!
- My favourite Italian icecream flavor is amarena (cherry) closely followed by cinnamon
- One day I want to drive the length of Italy from north to south in an open-top classic car, take the last remaining train ferry over to Sicily and drive down to the Valley of the Temples. One day……one day……!
- If I could have a pet it would be a dachshund but sadly I like to travel too much so I just give my all friends’ dogs a bloomin’ good cuddle when I see them!
Secondly I need to nominate some lovely blogs for you to check out. And so….the envelope please….…In the category of One Lovely Blog the nominations are the following lovely blogs listed in no particular order of loveliness –
- Craig over at Fishink doing wonderful designs and bringing lots of lovely illustrators and illustrations to you every week
- Lynn at From the sticks to the bricks and back again – my nominator and fellow lovely blogger musing on life in the US (obviously you don’t need to post again Lynn, but I do think your blog is lovely!)
- Lia from Lifestyles with Lia on her ultimate pursuit of happy moments!
- The Pecora Nera (Black Sheep) over at English man in Italy (PN – you can change this “lovely” award to “awesome”, “world-beating”, “mind-blowingly handsome” or something else a bit more manly if you want!)
- Julia at JCB Photos whose wonderful photos I discovered just recently, have a peek!
And finally, although the rules of the award say that the nominees should now post about this, I realise that not everyone will have time to, or want to. And that is fine. I’m nominating blogs to pass the loveliness baton and share some fantastic blogs, not to give homework, so there are no obligations!
So which lovely blogs would you nominate? If there are any good ones I’m missing out on, especially focused on Italy(!) leave me a comment and lets keep the lovely world turning! Grazie!
Useful information – The Rules
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers.
In order to accept the award nominees should –
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
- List the Rules and Display the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award
- Follow the blogger who nominated you (if not already!)